Thursday, October 20, 2011

Must See Television and Must Read Writing!!!

Cover Art By: Charlie Adlard



Cover Art By: Charlie Adlard
People love to watch survival television, usually it's reality t.v. though. People will watch and see who will last on shows like "Survivor," "American Idol," (or as I call America's Best Karaoke Artist) and "Dancing with the Stars." But there is another show on t.v. that is about human survival, that altough fiction is more intriguing (to me and about 11 million agree) than those other shows.

After watching the first episode of season 2 of "The Walking Dead," I have to say I am quite pleased. Being a fan of both the comic and the show, (seems rare as people have a hard keeping the two seperate from one another) I enjoyed the direction of the series.

Although many things have happened in the show that don't happen in the comic and things that happen in the comic that haven't occured in the show, (I'm looking at you Shane) and I'm pretty sure there is more of that to come. I am happy that the group will be making it to Hershel's farm. (Although that may not be what the name the character, but I have my fingers crossed)

This location brings in a few characters that have interesting roles in the comic and I'm curious to see how it plays out in the series even though it may not play out the same as in the comic.

Cover Art By: Charlie Adlard
I am also trying to get caught up on the comic although I will always be a bit behind, as I collect the hardcover books instead of the individual comics or the graphic novels. I did manage to pick up a novel about a character who appears in the comic and I really hope shows up in the show.

"The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governer," this I can't wait to read as it was written by creator Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga. It is the story of how one of the characters in the comic came to power and will shed some light into his curious background.

If you haven't seen the show or read the comic I suggest you should get caught up on one or both as they are great people stories that happen to contain the coolest monsters ever.

All in all I can't wait to see where the shows goes as well as where the comic is going. Plus I can't wait to read the novel they put out too.










No comments:

Post a Comment