Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Paparazzo Feature

The title mislead a little as I was expecting to read something along the lines of someone paparazzing the paparazzo. However, that is not what the feature "The Day I Trailed a Paparazzo" was like. The writer followed around a freelance photographer named Wagner.

The writer and Wagner are the two central characters and you follow them through a day on the trail of celebrity candid or scandalous photos. The feature tries to showcase that there can be a misconception of the view of the paparazzo as assholes who get the shots at any cost.

For me this was not the most intriguing feature as it's not something I care about in any aspect. I don't care what celebrities are doing, nor do I care how an out of work photographer tries to make ends meet.

However, I am in the minority of this subject matter. There are millions of people who do care about this type and would find this article interesting, so they should read it.

I get that paparazzos are people too and not all of them are assholes and that as a society we are obsessed with what celebrities are doing at all times.

Why do people care about celebrities so much? I get it's what we all thrive to be, we want people to care about us. However it's just not my cup of tea, but neither is tea for that matter.                                         
                                                                                           Photos By: Dodai Stewart of Wagner
                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment