Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Sports Weekend

Well it has been a hell of a weekend and start of the week. On Sunday I lost my first round pick Jamaal Charles in fantasy football. He tore his ACL when he planted his feet wrong and fell out of bounds. So now I have to scramble to find some sort of replacement. With this injury and having Peyton Manning I have a problem. Luckily I was able to get Eli Manning in trade as Peyton is still possibly out for the year. No one has confirmed it or denied it on the Colts staff.

Rick Osentoski AP Photo

Another thing that went wrong for me was Mariano Rivera got 602 save yesterday. I don't have a problem with Mariano as he is the all time best closer with just one pitch, but it's one that people still have a problem hitting even when they know its coming. The problem is that he did it against my team, the Minnesota Twins. The Twins could be on their way to losing a 100 games this season. Only one other team has lost a 100 games this season and that is the Houston Astros. I'm hoping the Twins make some sort of moves this off season as we need help in our starting pitching staff. We could also use some bats as well or we need Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau to return to form. We will also maybe lose Michael Cuddyer and Jason Kubel as they are free agents and have expressed interest in testing the market.

Patrick McDermott/Getty Images


I'm going to have to try and make some trades to try and salvage my fantasy football team, if not oh well. As for the Twins hopefully we can make some moves this off season and not end up in the cellar of the AL Central next year. This post season I will be routing for the Detroit Tigers to win and I will be routing for the Arizona Diamondbacks as well. I'm also hoping the Tampa Bay Rays can edge out the Boston Red Sox for the AL Wild Card, cause screw the Red Sox.

 For both my fantasy team and the Twins, there is always next year. TRUST M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment